Sunday, August 21, 2005

Tagaytay

"Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over." -Gloria Naylor

Joan, Christy, Gerald and I went to Tagaytay last Friday just for the heck of it and also for Joan to drown (and puke) her misery in 4 glasses of Kurant with Sprite. In her drunken stupor she joked that I was to blame for all this because I allowed her to fall. I'm still contemplating on that until now. Not that I'm hurt she's blaming me for it but it makes me wonder if friends should really meddle with the others' love life.

I was never really an advocate of hooking people up especially when both parties are close to me. I will just do my part of helping things happen but everything should really be the effort of the ones who want to hook up.

Why am I a bummer? I just don't want to take sides when things don't work out! Plus, I don't want to be blamed for things I have no control over. Believe me, that almost always happens. Love is too complicated and yes, (don't mind the cliche but...) it makes no promises...even to people who are not directly part of it. So even if my friends promise me everything will be alright.. sorry, but no. I'll introduce you to your crush and plan events to make you close to them. I'll also give you advice and a bit of my opinion. But never expect me to directly hook you up or decide your fate for you.

Am I too selfish for feeling this way?


link | YuneePuks posted at 11:46:00 PM |


9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:02 AM, August 22, 2005~  

"A friend is just a bit of your memory." - Wilhem Forgress

We'll all get old and gray and what's left of us is our decaying/glistening memory of a friend. I know in a year or 2 (especially with Christy's memory), we will all just remember the sorry night we'd had in Tagaytay... where joan drowned herself with the sullen loneliness of kurant, Eunice and Christy bore Joan's wailings that shatter the misty, drizzly eerie silence of the night, while I contend myself of merely having been there to offer comfort to my dear friend/s...

It brought me to thinking, what do the things we do really mean to others and to ourselves? Does Joan appreciate the stupid, hokum, humdrum looks on our faces as she bares her miserable story of a love gone crazy? What does Eunice stand to gain from bearing with her residual withdrawal syndrome and controlling her trembling body from just trying to grab a stick of Marlboro while listening to Joan? Was Christy able to focus on Joan's tell-tale while busying herself with Calamansi shake (too sour for me), Nachos, calamares, occasionally staring at the attention-grabbing jerk who happens to be drumming the table like there's no tomorrow just to get noticed (but hell, he got what he wanted, from the gay-pepe-smith look-alike by the bar though), and throwing tissue paper everywhere and winking her eyes off her allergy? While I, being closest to Joan, listened intently (probably because I wanted to get the scoop, fresh-off-the-grill baby) to her stories while pressing my bladder from bursting while waiting for the stupid monkey who puked Vietnam in the men's restroom of Cafe Lupe.

But what are we to gain from this? Amusement? Fun? Empathy? Or just the comfort of knowing that you have these deadpan, vacuous people called friends to be there by your side when you need a shoulder to cry on?

Sentimental eh? But at the end of the day, we'll survive it all... and all we'll have are the memories of how sorry and how stupid we were in that dreadful night in Tagaytay (from being the slave driver to being disallowed to drink to having your new Vios puked at to having to clean your new Vios the following day). But for what it's worth, I'm glad we shared that night!

F*ck you joan, may utang ka pa-carwash!

Blogger YuneePuks commented at 11:10 AM, August 22, 2005~  

*PUKE PUKE*

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:57 AM, August 22, 2005~  

Eunice,
Don't take it seriously..

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:01 PM, August 22, 2005~  

bastos ka eunice! wala namang below the belt na hirit!

Blogger YuneePuks commented at 2:38 PM, August 22, 2005~  

Yeah, I'm also glad about that Tagaytay thing. Ngayon kapag naririnig ko na yung Piano in the Dark naiiyak na ako.

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 3:10 PM, August 22, 2005~  

Official barkada song ng losers and wednesday club na ba ang piano in the dark?

Blogger YuneePuks commented at 3:13 PM, August 22, 2005~  

meron pa bang Wednesday Club? wehehehehehe... Oi Wednesday Club, asan na kayo? Buo pa ba kayo? :p

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 3:17 PM, August 22, 2005~  

gago wag ka kupal! baka ang losers club magkaron din ng falling out... malay mo di na natin masikmura ang kalandian ni jess, ang ka-slowan ni christy, pagka-senti at pagiging puke queen ni joan, kamanyakan at pagiging mahalay ni eunice, at mauntog ako sa pang-aabuso nyo sa mga serbisyo ko. malay mo!

Blogger YuneePuks commented at 3:19 PM, August 22, 2005~  

Si Jackie? Anong club nya? Siguro nagmomove on na sya...

Jackie, be strong.

Want to Post a Comment?

go back to main page

My Photo
Name:

Come inside my hole and let me blow your mind

Previous Posts BlogHop

Tag
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Credits

Layout by mela
Image created by Rion Vernon @ Pinuptoons
Font from Font Village
Brush from Truly Sarah
Powered by Blogger

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com